Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gift Bag


A friend of mine's little girl is turning 2. Here is what I've made for her:



In addition to the bag, I made Counting Cookies, Spinning Speller, and dyed a playsilk for her. Eli is also getting Counting Cookies for Christmas and a Spinning Speller, and another dyed playsilk (he has several and loves them!).

The Counting Cookies are made from felt.

Here are directions from Counting Coconuts for the Spinning Speller
My first row letters: b, c, h, m
My second row: a, i, o, u
My third row: d, g, p, t
I colored the blocks using watercolors from an artist kit I got from Hobby Lobby- it has markers, colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, etc. in it.

Here are the directions to use Kool-Aid to dye playsilks.
I bought the silks from a cloth diapering co-op group I'm in. They are Sarah's Silks.

All together, I think I spent about $10 for everything- we did have some things, like the dowel rod for the speller and I had the fabric (some even given to me!). Buying it retail would have cost me about $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment